MAGNET Analysis of Trade Agreements on EU Agri-Food
Today at the parliament (COMAGRI), Commissioner Wojciechowski will present a report that analyzes the impact of 12 Free Trade Agreements on EU agri-food, based on MAGNET analysis.
According to the new study, the EU trade agenda is set to have an overall positive impact on the EU economy and the agri-food sector. Trade agreements are due to result in substantial increases in EU agri-food exports, with more limited increases in imports, creating a positive trade balance overall. The study also confirms that the EU’s approach to grant a limited amount of lower duty imports (through tariff rate quotas) is the best approach in terms of protecting specific vulnerable agri-food sectors in the EU.
Source: JRC press release
- MAGNET team leader Hans van Meijl meets Dutch minister of agriculture
- MAGNET analysis featured in EU Agricultural Outlook report
- Economic losses from soil erosion by water
- BATMODEL – Better Agri-Food Trade Modelling for Policy Analysis
- Assessing the Impacts of the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement (TCA) on fisheries and aquaculture